This is a good question for businesses in many industries. And it begs another. How can one best go about determining the answer? A detailed report about your firm’s potential operating costs in a desirable West Coast location would be a good start. And that’s why Miller Industrial Properties offers just that. As a boutique industrial real estate firm in northern Nevada, we routinely hear from managers and owners who are considering a West Coast location. Those in the know recognize northern Nevada for what it is – a supremely business-friendly environment that comes complete with a skilled workforce, strategic location and no shortage of industrial properties. Publications such as Forbes and Money consistently rank the Silver State among those with the nation’s best overall business climates. In a nutshell, Nevada offers:
• An outstanding tax climate with no corporate or personal income tax, no franchise tax, no unitary tax
• Minimal employer payroll tax – 0.63% of gross wages with deductions for employer paid health insurance
• Competitive utility rates for commercial businesses
• Low start-up costs, regulatory fees, licensing fees and annual fees
• Close proximity to West Coast markets as well as reduced shipping/storage costs
• Competitive air cargo costs for air shipping out of state
If that sounds appealing, the next step is determining how operating here will affect your business specifically. With just a few details, Miller Industrial Properties can begin a speedy process that will produce concrete facts and numbers to move you closer to a decision.
The more information about your business metrics you can share, the more comprehensive your final report. Details that are noted in these reports include:
• What you might expect to pay in taxes and utilities
• What you might expect to pay in current lease rates for suitable properties
• What you might expect to pay for labor and worker’s compensation
Information like this is invaluable when you begin researching the feasibility of an expansion or relocation to a market like northern Nevada. Even better? Miller Industrial Properties offers this service completely free of charge. If you’re ready to explore your options on the West Coast, this is a good place to start. Get your FREE West Coast Operating Costs Estimate today.